Plazit-Polygal is a veteran company in the thermoplastic manufacturing industry in Israel. The Company manufactures a range of materials using several manufacturing methods (cast and extrusion) and in various configurations. The sheets are useful in an extremely wide range of applications, industrial and domestic. The Company’s sheets are used with great success as roofing and for shading, as industrial raw materials, as material for 3D printing and many other applications.
In the Company’s extensive product catalog you can find acrylic sheets manufactured using the Cast manufacturing process, used mainly in the signage and advertising industry and also in the architecture and interior design worlds.
The Cast manufacturing method – a process of high-temperature polymerization of an Acrylic-type monomer – produces the highest degree of transparency among all plastic materials, close to that of glass – while still retaining the significant advantage of high shock resistance when compared with glass.
Plazit-Polygal Cast Sheets – Properties
The Plazit-Polygal Cast Sheets are manufactured according to the ISO 7823-1:2003 standard. The manufacturing according to the highest standard of manufacturing, while applying stringent quality control throughout all the manufacturing stages, ensures the delivery of high-quality, reliable products to all of Plazit-Polygal’s customers in Israel and worldwide.
The Cast sheets feature exceedingly high levels of transparency, clarity and workability at high temperatures. These properties make the material suitable for use in an extremely broad range of applications, both in industry and in the design and architecture worlds.
Cast Sheets – Advantages
- High transparency, over 90% light transmission
- Low misting, half the weight of glass
- Available in thicknesses of 3-50 mm
- Wide selection of colors
- Superb shock resistance – offered at several levels.
- Excellent color stability, proven weather-resistance, UV resistant throughout the entire product lifetime , Limited 10-year warranty
- Ideal for thermoforming, ideally suited for mechanical working
- Polishing and shaping, ideally suited to application of adhesive films, possibility of creating concave/convex surfaces without heating
- No hazardous material emissions (carcinogenic or other)
- No toxic vapor emissions when burning
- Easy to extinguish with water when burning
- Environmentally friendly – recyclable
- Company materials are fully compliant with international standards REACH and RoHS
Uses and Applications for the Plazit-Polygal Thermoplastic Sheets
The Plazit-Polygal Cast Sheets are ideal for use in interior design in places requiring high transparency, extensive use of colors, a thickness range of 3-50 mm – including for display sheets and signs, three-dimensional letters and partitions.