Position: Finished Goods (FG) 2nd shift Supervisor
Plazit-Polygal is recognized worldwide as an industry leading supplier of plastic sheeting, accessories and systems. By way of our global manufacturing footprint, our products are sold to a wide range of industries and markets throughout the world. Charlotte, N.C. is the home of the Plazit-Polygal North American headquarters as well as the U.S. manufacturing operation.
The 2nd shift FG Supervisor will control and conduct all activities on the second shift of the FG warehouse. Including but not limited to supervising a team of individuals to prepare for the next day shipments, create pallets, cutting area, and cleaning the FG warehouse.
Assigned responsibilities and duties:
- Responsible for leading, supervising, and training subordinates.
- Ability to accomplish daily priorities as determined by the FG warehouse manager.
- Train and evaluate workers on sit down LP forklift with 6 foot forks.
- Knowledge of Bill of Ladings (BOL) and loading trucks with pallets and large crates.
- Organize and maintain inventory per warehouse system.
- Be hands on with all warehouse activates, verify quality and safety in processing of all orders and receiving of material.
- Learn the crate/pallet build and cut table manufacturing operations within the warehouse.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Ability to multitask while maintaining a high level of detail in a fast paced work environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in leading, supervising and motivating subordinates
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to learn basic functions of the company’s ERP software and perform basic computer functions as required
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Open-minded and flexible mentality with a willingness to work within constantly changing
priorities with enthusiasm
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Ability to understand all safety requirements
- Ability to effectively communicate with people a diverse group of individuals with various
- Strong reading and writing skills – must be able to read orders and match up the information with packing list for items to be picked from inventory.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fraction, decimals, and converting metric measurements to imperial and vise-versa.
- Good understanding of the warehouse footprint and company safety policies.
Education and Experience:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have 2 years of supervisory role in a warehouse environment.
- Experience working with an ERP system a plus.
- Knowledge of warehouse operations best practices.
- Forklift certified and experience with LP forklifts with 6 foot forks.
- Physically ability to lift up to 75 lbs and perform any type of physical labor necessary including while performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk and talk and hear; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; must regularly lift and /or move up to 75 pounds.
- This job operates in a warehouse, the warehouse can be a cold and/or hot environment, loud noises.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits within 90 days.
- STD and LTD benefits within 90 days
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off (standard policy)
- Life Insurance
Pay Scale: Hourly, paid bi-weekly
Salary: $20 per hour
Working week: Monday to Friday, 40 hours weekly with overtime as needed. Occasional Saturday mornings.
Supervisor: FG Warehouse Manager
Location: 1100 Bond Street, Charlotte NC 28208