Location: Charlotte, NC.
Industry: Plastics, or Industrial.
Position: Quality Assurance Manager
Company: Plazit-Polygal Group is recognized worldwide as an industry-leading supplier of plastic sheeting, accessories, and systems. By way of our global manufacturing footprint, our products are sold to a wide range of industries and markets throughout the world. Charlotte, N.C. is the home of the Plazit-Polygal North American headquarters as well as the U.S. manufacturing operation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be the focal point of all quality-related matters.
- Handle customer complaints: identify the root cause and provide corrective actions.
- Execute quality control oversight according to planned goals and objectives.
- Handle internal quality incidents.
- Handle quality incidents related to inbound raw materials from vendors.
- Perform incoming inspections of raw materials to ensure compliance.
- Perform quality training to various audiences within the organization.
- Perform periodic internal audits; Assist with coordination and administering of external audits performed by certifying bodies and customers.
- Handle all matters related to certifications and regulations.
- Ensure all measuring devices and instruments are calibrated according to industry best practices.
- Develop standard operating procedures and key performance indicators that facilitate continuous improvement opportunities.
- Proven record of managing customer complaints including interaction with the customers.
- Experience working with a Quality Management System compliant to ISO9001:2015 standards.
- Ability to present clear data, trends, and statistics to management.
- High competence in MS Office tools: PowerPoint, Excel & Word.
- Proactive, able to plan activities and execute accordingly.
- Independent, self-starter.
- Ability to multi-task within multiple interfaces.
- Ability to impact other disciplines and employees that are not directed by Quality Assurance.
- Effective communicator with excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to work with a highly diverse group of individuals.
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in engineering or industrial-related field of study.
- Minimum of three years of experience as a Quality Manager in an industrial environment; previous experience in the capacity of Senior Quality Technician or Engineer.
- $85,000 -$95,000
- Bonus potential – Up to 10% of salary
- Health Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Life Insurance buy-up option
- Retirement Plan – 401K and matching 401K
- Paid time off
- Sick time off